Scientific Technological Platforms
Cell Culture Unit
The Cell Culture Unit is located in Tower A of the Hospital Universitario y Politécnico La Fe and is divided into two laboratories with automated control of temperature, pressure and humidity located in the Basement and 6th Floor, respectively. As a whole, the Unit has 10 Cell Culture Rooms, one of which is used for the generation and infection with viral vectors (Biosafety Level P2), another one for stem cell culture and another one for studies under Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) regulations.
Cell Culture Unit Basement
- 4 Culture Rooms for Cell Lines and Primary Cultures.
- 1 Stem Cell Culture Room.
- 1 Culture Room for studies under GLP regulations.
Cell Culture Unit 6th Floor
- 2 Cell Line Culture Rooms.
- Primary Culture Room.
- Viral Vector Culture Room
Each of the Cell Culture Rooms is equipped with the necessary equipment for the development of cell culture experimentation:
- Biological Safety Laminar Flow Cabinet IIA.
- Laminar Flow Cabinet Avantgarde4 with a stereoscope.
- CO2 Incubator and Incubator in hypoxia conditions with central gas installation.
- Optical and Fluorescence Microscope with integrated camera (10X, 20X and 40X objectives).
- Nucleofector Lonza 4D.
- Vacuum suction pump.
- Benchtop centrifuge.
- Thermostatic Bath.
- Vortex Stirrers
- Refrigerator and Freezers -20ºC