Scientific Technological Platforms
Determination of polymorphisms validated by the FDA and the EMA in the Drug Data Sheet; and polymorphisms proposed in the literature and collected in Pharma-GKB through the MassArray Compacte © - SEQUENOM Genotyping Technology Platform.
The plates developed so far are:
- VIP Plate: includes the validated SNPs, and also contains other SNPs with a high degree of evidence of clinical effect in the most relevant drugs (due to economic cost and/or serious adverse effects).
- Immunosuppressants (especially drugs associated with transplants).
- Oncology (antitumor drugs, all types, including those indicated for pediatric tumours).
- Plaque Heart Failure
It is also possible to design future studies à la carte: prospective, retrospective studies; by pathology, by gene, by drug; at the care level or at the translational research level.
The Results Report contains:
- The genotype of the patient in the SNPs under study, with information on the name of the gene, the SNP and the expected population frequencies for each genetic variant.
- Explanation of the biological significance of the variants where the patient has the "unusual" form.
- Pharmacological recommendations associated with that variant.
- Inform about the existence of additional services offered at the Hospital or the IIS La Fe that can provide extra information about the particular case.
REQUEST FOR SERVICES
Form for IIS La Fe research groups/staff