Scientific Technological Platforms
Drug studies platform (PHARMA)
This platform aims to offer the largest number of analytical services for the identification and quantification of drugs and their metabolites in biological matrices, solutions and chemical formulations, as well as studies related to drug metabolism and the elucidation of their metabolites.
- Qualitative and/or quantitative analysis of drugs and/or their metabolites in biological matrices (plasma, serum, urine, tissues, etc.) and synthetic matrices (solutions, creams, etc.).
- Drug biotransformation studies (Phase I and II metabolism); enzymes involved and metabolization routes.
- Stability studies of new compounds for clinical applications
- Structural elucidation of biomolecules and their metabolites.
- Pharmacokinetic studies
- Bioavailability and bioequivalence studies
- Drug-drug interaction studies
Metabolomics studies platform (METABOLOMICS)
MASS SPECTROMETRY-BASED METABOLOMICS APPLICATION NOTE
The metabolomics platform offers analytical services for the analysis of a large number of endogenous metabolites in complex biological matrices. This platform is divided in two different areas, depending on the type of study.
- Targeted analysis focused mainly on the identification and quantification of previously selected endogenous metabolites.
- Untargeted analysis focused on the unbiased determination of the metabolite profile of biological samples. This approach allows, by means of multivariate statistical techniques, the identification of metabolites (markers) capable of discriminating between the different types of samples studied.
The main applications of metabolomics include clinical applications such as the discovery of biomarkers for the diagnosis, prognosis and monitoring of certain pathologies, the study of candidate molecules in the preclinical phase or their use in therapeutic efficacy trials. The determination of a patient's metabolic phenotype (metabotype) can open the door to precision medicine, where these molecular fingerprints can be used to anticipate the efficiency of a given treatment.
- Assistance in designing experimental analysis and developing metabolomic profiling studies using LC-qToF (ESI+/ESI-) and GC-QToF gas platform.
- Discovery of new biomarkers through metabolomic profiling studies and multivariate data analysis.
- Lipidomics platform (glycerolipids, sphingolipids, sterols, fatty acids, etc.)
- Identification and quantification of biomarkers in biological samples by LC-MSMS.
On-demand analytical services platform (CUSTOM)
The Analytical Unit also offers an "a la carte" services platform to meet the particular analytical needs of researchers. The services offered are focused on the development and validation of new LC-MSMS and GC-MSMS analytical methods for the identification of endogenous and exogenous metabolites in different types of matrices, and advice on the design of experiments.
REQUEST FOR SERVICES
Form for research groups/staff assigned to IIS La Fe
Form for HUPLF and other hospitals Conselleria Sanitat